- Published on Saturday, 30 October 2010 21:02
- Hits: 2224
It is not directly classic, but very probably this picture will be! These are certainly two of the greatest riders of this decade; Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo.
- Published on Wednesday, 14 July 2010 21:48
- Hits: 5364
One of the earliest, if not the first, US rider to ride a Yamaha, was Roxy Rockwood.
Picture received with thanks from Guy Reynolds, Yamaha US, Kennesaw, Georgia.
- Published on Tuesday, 09 March 2010 19:48
- Hits: 8175
George Taylor is one of the real Classic US AHRMA Vintage riders, now in his 51st Daytona year! Read his amazing diary:
- Published on Tuesday, 07 October 2008 21:14
- Hits: 4750
As many people requested, hereby finally the more or less complete story of Fumio Ito, the Japanese rider who gave Yamaha its first World Championship points and first GP win.
With great thanks to Takashi Matsui, retired Yamaha race engineer, who gave most of the information. Full copyright by classicyams.com website.
- Published on Thursday, 28 January 2010 21:47
- Hits: 3407
Recently I found some old color slides I took at various event where Giacomo Agostini participated (and I watched free of charge of course!)
- Published on Saturday, 07 November 2009 21:00
- Hits: 4186
Teuvo Lansivuri (or "Teppi" as he was known with his friends) was an astonishing good rider from Finland.
- Published on Wednesday, 30 September 2009 16:17
- Hits: 3325
Recently I got one of my most amazing e-mails in the “classicyams” history!
Out of the blue appeared Jack Coulson, Yamaha team member of the 1958 Catalina G.P.!!!
- Published on Monday, 24 March 2008 21:38
- Hits: 3269
Next to the old brown pictures I discovered some weeks ago, during Easter 2008 I found 5 never used color slides from Giacomo Agostini's first Yamaha 0W20 test in Japan in early 1974.
- Published on Tuesday, 13 January 2009 21:15
- Hits: 5276
Ferry Brouwer has sent me original Press photo's of Yamaha factory riders in the early 1970's. I will use the pictures also separately with riders stories later.
- Published on Thursday, 17 January 2008 22:00
- Hits: 3688
After Giacomo Agostini joined Yamaha at the end of 1973 he flew to Japan for the first tests with his new toys.
- Published on Thursday, 11 December 2008 22:08
- Hits: 5166
Tommy Robb has been racing G.P. machines from 1957 - 1973. Largely unknown to many people, he was also a Yamaha Factory rider.
- Published on Tuesday, 25 November 2008 19:42
- Hits: 3852
Dante d'Ambruoso from California is a good friend from Kenny Roberts (the 1980's man!) and promised to come with some nice stories about the Master.
- Published on Thursday, 27 December 2007 21:36
- Hits: 5820
What many of you (if not most) do not know, is that Ferry Brouwer was a talented Sprinter some 35 years ago.....! Time flies when you are having fun (especialy on a sprinter of course)
- Published on Wednesday, 12 November 2008 22:39
- Hits: 3485
Sonny Angel was the first US rider who ventured to the Isle of Man T.T. races with a Yamaha 250 cc bike.